Makes 3.5—4 cups
This is the recipe I made that inspired the poem linked below. It’s pretty good, though now I’m seeing these no-cook overnight oats, so I might try those next week seeing as I’m lazy. Oh a note: I replaced steel-cut with groats. From here.
|2 c||non-dairy milk|
|1 c||steel-cut oats or groats|
|2||large bananas, mashed|
|1 T||ground flax|
|1 T||chia seeds|
|2—3 t||vanilla extract|
- Bring the water and milk to boil in a medium sized pot. Stir a lot because milk.
- Add oats and a pinch of salt and reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the mashed banana, flax, and chia. Simmer, uncovered, for 20—25 minutes, stirring every 5.
- When the oats are tender, remove them from the heat and stir in cinnamon and vanilla. Allow it to cool before storing it in an airtight container in the fridge
- In the morning, microwave with a splash of milk.